Friday 27 January 2012

Week 15

1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
My media product develops the forms and conventions of a real media product because when I researched Rap contents pages I found one and I liked the way the page was set out so I used the layout in my own contents page and developed it to how I like it. Also I challenged the forms because my colour scheme is different to what real media products use because the colours of my contents page are bright whereas real media products the colours are normally dark or just one solid colour throughout the whole magazine.

6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
Using Photoshop I haven’t learned anything more than I knew before using the ‘Lasso tool’ has become much better and the images I am creating look more professional. Using the InDesign software I have learned more about the different tools to use when I was creating the contents page before I started I watched a YouTube clip of how to use the gradient tool to a good effect and that help me create the background colour for my contents page which made it look better than my preliminary task contents page.

7. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
Looking back at my preliminary task and looking at my contents page I can see an improvement because my first content page on the preliminary task was basic nothing stood out the fonts I chose was too childish and nothing was organised on the page. Whereas my music contents page everything is organised on the page there’s an order to things. The font chosen stands out more to the target audience because they are more mature. On my next task I need to improve how the contents page looks so it looks more professional like a real media product

Preliminary Contents page

Music Magazine Contents Page

No comments:

Post a Comment